Software Engineer – Data Mining
Software Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
Software Engineer - Data Mining
We’re looking for an experienced developer to manage and further improve our core hotel data. We want someone to increase the amount and quality of metadata we have by analysing, investigating and interpreting data delivered by our partners and to match these to our hotel data. If you have experience with fuzzy string matching, utilizing text retrieval, machine learning and other optimization techniques, and are confident tackling over 1,000,000 hotels worth of data then we want to hear from you!
- Provide the data core to make our slogan, “We know everything about hotels”, come true.
- Increase quality and quantity of metadata by developing new automated intelligent processes.
- Write clean, composable, and testable code and extend our current codebase developed in PHP, Java and Python.
- Participate in architecture decisions and innovative feature development tasks.
- Use your creativity and problem solving abilities to make a difference.
- Work in a cross-functional team with passionate experts from various fields according to the motto: “You build it, you run it”.
The ideal candidate:
- Stays up to date with current frameworks, tools, and libraries.
- Knows how to deal with a big amount of data and build intelligent data analysis using data mining and machine/deep learning technologies.
- Has experience with storing and structuring big data using state of the art storage technologies.
- Enjoys technical challenges and is eager to explore new technologies.
- Holds an academic degree in the field of IT or has relevant experience developing large applications.
- Feels comfortable communicating in English on a daily basis.
- Has these technologies on their radar: ElasticSearch, Lucene, Hadoop, AWS machine learning, TensorFlow.
Life at trivago is...
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- Living in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- When submitting your application, please provide us with any links that showcase your work, or that might be relevant to the position (ie. GitHub, Bitbucket, Stack Overflow etc.). You can include these at the top of your CV.